Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Her Death Brings Life

Many of you have seen the recent news about one of our own, Amanda Blackburn, who was murdered in her home not too long ago.  This is close to home for many reasons…she lived not too far from me.  She was married to a pastor.  She was a mom.  There is much on my heart about this tragedy…and many tears have been shed…and many questions are yet to be answered.

The world is hearing about a Godly pastor’s wife who loved people and served them well.  They are hearing the Truth of how He will not allow the fire to consume His children.  Her family is living out the Truth of scripture and the world is hearing it!!

The Paris attack and her attack took place the same week and God is giving the world an opportunity to hear and see and know how to respond to tragedy and Who to turn to in uncertain days.

As I have read and heard about Amanda’s life, I find myself wanting to be like her.  I so long to be the kind of woman that impacts people’s lives for good and for Him.  It has awakened my heart to see the big picture.

We do not need to fear attacks from evil people.  God has a plan.  He will provide.  He will be glorified.  Live well my friends.  Live in such a way that our lights shine before men in such a way that glorifies Him.

I just watched her father share his heart…which prompted me to write this.  Please take a moment and listen to her father here.  If you want to read or hear her husband share his heart, there are resources on line as well.  I wanted to share this one because, as a parent, we want to protect our kids...and sometimes we just cannot.  It is during those times we must trust the One we love and serve and teach and profess.  As the tears flowed from my eyes as I listened to him share...I believed anew in the One who comforts.  There is life after death.

No comments: