Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Renewed


Okay girlfriends, time for me to get real honest with you today.  I told my husband last night that this preacher’s wife is ready to pack up her M & M’s supply and runaway.  Yes sisters, exhaustion has hit.

I literally have been on the go since the middle of May with absolutely no break.  I attended relative’s graduations, babysat my two-year old grandson, made final preparations for our 11 day Brazil mission trip, went on the mission trip which was a strenuous trip which included walking up and down very steep hills and stairs all day long, very little sleep and hosting bible school.  When I returned from the mission trip, I went into full Vivi mode as our newest grandson, Jude Michael, was born two days prior to our return.  I have had company three times since returning from our mission trip a week and half ago. Then last week I taught V B S mission to preschoolers.  Now it is the end of June with July looming on the horizon with all its responsibilities.

Today, I want to pose a simple question to you and one I constantly ask myself.  I want your honest answers to this question.  Why do we, busy wives, mothers and ministers’ wives, allow ourselves to take on so many activities and duties?

Isaiah 40:31 says, “but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint.”   I am so glad I have a God who renews my strength daily and allows me to somehow juggle everything on my calendar.  I am thankful that when I am weary, God reminds me to slow down and walk with Him.

Today I am thankful that I can simply sit and rest.  I do not have any place I need to be.  I have no one asking me to do this or that.   My housework can wait until tomorrow.  Yes, God has given me this day to do what Vickie wants to do.  I choose to simply be renewed.


Blessings sisters!


No comments: