Thursday, April 9, 2015

Spring Cleaning

In the middle of my Spring Break, I did take out a day for some "Spring Cleaning".  I went through drawers and cleaned out my closet.  Whewww......how does a person accumulate so much?  I have to be IN THE MOOD and when I am......watch out.  I accumulated a huge black garbage bag of clothes to take to Good Will or We Care.  I decided....if they have not been worn, even if I liked them....chunk them.

Doesn't it feel great after you "clean out"?  I love to pull open my three drawers and look in my closet.  What a feeling of accomplishment.

I got to thinking in the middle of it all.....wouldn't it be nice if it was as easy to "clean out our spiritual baggage?"  You know what I mean...............those people that drag you down. Those "Debbie Downers".  Those people you have devoted many hours, days or months to just to finally realize you can't help a person if they do not want to be helped.

Being the pastor's wife, you can not always totally "clean house".......but you can commit to not letting them take control of your life.

I am going to make an attempt to pull myself away from "negative" people and things that pull me down.  In this crazy world that we live in, we need to surround ourselves with people and things that lift us up.

May we always be the "lifter" and not the "downer"!

No comments: