Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Just Any Ole Wife

Okay.....I guess maybe I was tired this weekend..........or maybe just in a "mood"........

But am I the ONLY pastor's wife that ever goes to church and just wishes they could "blend in" and just be any ole, un-noticed wife in the congregation?

It doesn't always bother me, but this past weekend it did.  I couldn't even go sit down without fifty million people stopping me and "telling me stories" or just talking or reminding me something to tell my husband, etc.  Going to the bathroom was an impossible task because they would have  followed me right in there too.

Now...don't get me wrong.  I am a people person, so most of the time, this is right down my alley................(the talking part, but not the following me into the bathroom part.  lol)  but sometimes, I want to just be "any ole wife".........

Sometimes I would like to be able to walk in and quietly and sit through the service then quietly slip out without being noticed.

A few weeks ago...my husband was talking to me during that "time of discouragement" that I blogged about in January and told me, "Even YOU don't have a clue how it feels to be the pastor."  My reply was, "And YOU don't have a clue how it feels to be the pastor's wife. Everything that is said or done.........affects me too..........but I have no control of any of it."

Sometimes..............I JUST wanna be Any Ole Wife....

I know.........I know...........I am being whiny and not very spiritual...............BUT....I AM being TRUTHFUL.......

So....thank you ladies for allowing me to vent.  Isn't it amazing how much better things seem once we get to vent?  

NOW...that I have that off my chest....I will sit back and enjoy the role that God has placed me in.............and enjoy getting to BE the PASTOR's WIFE


No comments: