Thursday, November 6, 2014

Toddlers

I know that many of you are way past the "toddler stage" just as I am.

However, many of you are new mothers.  I do not claim to have all of the answers and I know that many of you are much smarter than me.................but, being the "Mimi" of an almost 2 year old and almost 9 month old......it has refreshed my memory about how trying and tiring these stages are.

This too shall pass....................way too quickly.  I know you get tired of hearing that, but it is true.  Before you know it, your toddler will be moving out to go to college. 

Enjoy the moment.  Right now, you are the MOST important person in his or her lives.

My daughter was talking about the terrible twos hitting early...........I told her that they are NOT terrible.  Toddlers are soooooo smart....even smart enough to KNOW they do not know how to let you know what they want or think.  They are just beginning to talk and conversation is hard.  Out of frustration, they scream, throw a tantrum and really "try" their mom's patience. 

All they really want is to be understood.  I have discovered with Cameron, if I will stop and look directly into his eyes and say, "Mimi does not know what you are wanting.....tell me or show me.".....he will usually stop....and try to tell me or show me.

Toddlers, just like adults.....just want to be heard......and this is the only way they know.

No comments: