Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thankful For Another Year

As I write this blog, I am thankful to be celebrating another year of life. Yes, today is my birthday! According to my mother (since I surely would not remember!) I was officially born into this world at 1:29 a.m. on November 12, 1963.

As I look back over this past year there have been some joys and sorrows, triumphs and trials, milestones and missteps, yet I am thankful!

I have realized over the years that life will give us heartaches, and our Savior said it would be this way. He tells us that in this life we will have trouble, but He victoriously proclaims that He has overcome the world (John 16:33). I believe that with all my heart; He is my HOPE!

I have also experienced some of the most joyous moments ever imagined, and our Savior also says that He has come to give us an abundant life (John 10:10). I can’t imagine living in this world without Him; He is my LIFE!

As each year passes, I am trying to be more of a thankful person. My sisters, our attitude of gratitude would prevail if you and I were to make a list of our blessings versus our complaints. I mean seriously counting our blessings to the infinite degree, such as being joyful over the fact that we can get out of the bed in the morning in a right state of mind, having healthy lungs that can breathe in God’s air, being able to watch a beautiful sunset, and on and on and on……………………………….. The blessings are endless!

Next time you celebrate a birthday, look back over the past year of your life and recount all that our loving Father has done for you, and be thankful for another year!

“Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Ephesians 5:20

2 comments:

Kathy Britton said...

Happy Birthday, Tonya. Hope it has been a wonderful day.

Tonya said...

Thank you Kathy! I had a wonderful day!