Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Opposites Attract

I was about 5 or 6 when my parents both got saved and from that moment on, all I knew was "CHURCH".  I got saved as a middle school child and have been fortunate enough not to have gone through some of the "straying" that some folks have.  

I met Roger when I was 14 years old because my dad was one of the men that had been witnessing to his dad and led him to the Lord.  Our families because friends and Roger was one of my friends.

I prayed and prayed for God to send me the right mate.

Roger was my first date......(we did break up a few times in between)....but wound up dating 7 years and have been married for 35 years.

We are living proof that God has a sense of humor.  God put two opposites together.  I use to question it....but over the years realize that once again, God saw the whole picture and I was only seeing the tunnel of a picture.  We are opposite, so we complement each other.  God does not make mistakes.

Years ago I was part of a Bible Study on the 7 Spiritual Motivational Gifts.  During that time, I discovered that I was a John....the gift of Mercy and Roger was Peter....the gift of Prophecy.  

COMPLETE OPPOSITES.

However, God has used us to mellow each other out.  Roger is not near as judgmental as he once was and I am not near the "sucker" I once was and do not try to "fix" everyone and everything.

I am a people person.  I LOVE to talk...one on one, but am much more timid getting up in a group.  Roger on the other hand really struggles with one on one and is much more comfortable up in front of a large group singing or preaching or speaking.  TOGETHER....we are good at both.

It break my heart that so many couples....even ministers and their wives are struggling so in their relationships.

I guess I am saying all of this to say.....learn your mate.  

  • Find out what yours and his spiritual motivation gift is.
  • Find out what makes him tick.
  • Find out what each of your love language is.

We are all different and once we realize that, we can better understand each other.

No comments: