Monday, July 21, 2014

All Good Things Must Come to an End...

All good things must come to an end....

As a public school teacher.....my summer vacation is about to come to an end.  It has been way too short and VERY BUSY.  I got a few things accomplished on my to-do list, but many things will have to wait.

It has been a busy summer.  Our moms live three hours away, in north Alabama.  Our son and daughter-in-law, moved out of our home in the Spring to Gallatin, TN, which is also three hours from us.  And our grandbabies are forty minutes from us in Cleveland, TN......so, although we have not gone on a huge vacation this year, we have put many, many miles on our vehicle, traveling back and forth to loved ones. 

We were able to bring my 80 year old mom home with us the 4th of July and she stayed 4 nights, which she thought was an eternity.  During that time, she was able to spend time with her great-grandbabies, see our daughter's home, go to church with us...............and then she was ready to get home to her routine.  Smile.

We have got to visit our son and daughter-in-law a couple of times and enjoy them.  Oh, how we have missed them.  They lived with us for over a year.  We are excited for them, though.  Our son has been accepted for a very intense training program with the Corp. of Engineer and will be taking classes for at least three years.  Our daughter-in-law was able to transfer from her Assistant Store Manager Training program to closer to their temporary home.  She has also been accepted and starts back to school in a couple of weeks, working on her Masters in Education; a dream that she has had for some time.  Our time with them for the time being is very precious and limited.

We got to go camping with our daughter and son-in-law and two grandbabies.  And, the grandbabies have gotten to spend several nights with us, giving mom and dad some much needed rest and giving Mimi and Granddaddy some much needed baby time.

But....All Good Things Must Come to An End.  My first day of school will be next Wednesday, July 30th.

I think the older I get, the more I realize how short, not only are my summers, but how short life is.  I am ending this summer vacation with many undone things on my to-do list.  Life goes on.  I will get to the things at a later date, but reflecting on my summer made me stop and think............

when it is our time to depart this earth, whether by death or the second coming of our Lord, how many to-do things will still be left hanging?  I mean, the important things?  My husband always says he hope that when it is his time to go, he is all used up; and that he has done and accomplished everything he meant to do and everything that God meant for him to do.

All good things must come to an end.......we should live each day as if it is our last.

No comments: