Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Where I Am Today . . .

"But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of living in an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes, and find me in the midst of it all." - Sarah Young, Jesus Calling.

This was part of my devotional reading yesterday and I just can't get it out of my mind.

I long for "an uncluttered world" but...
..... the monotony of endless piles of laundry in various states of cleanliness that needs attention,
..... the never-ending  flow of paper that cycles through the house on top of
..... the six runs to Wal Mart in seven days last week alone
make the "fantasy" of such a world all too realistic.

Just when I think that I am getting ahead, I realize that in fact, I am further behind. Can you relate?

Acceptance. "Accept each day just as it comes . . ." This day is a gift. It was written in His book before I ever was. It was prepared for me in advance . . . with all its routines, unexpected interruptions and relationships that leave us shaking our heads.

In my effort to be "content in all circumstances" this call to accept what is, is huge. I gotta stop wishing and longing for something more, else or different. I gotta look for Him instead.

His word promises if I seek Him with a sincere heart, I will find Him. I will find Him in the midst of my  very cluttered world.

Ladies, I don't know what is cluttering your world today. But let me challenge you to relinquish the fantasy, accept each day and find Him "in the midst of it all."

This is where I am today . . .

No comments: