Saturday, February 18, 2012

Seasons

It’s the middle of winter; spring is still several weeks away, yet before we know it, flowers will be in bloom, the grass will become green again, and everything that once looked lifeless will awake from its winter hibernation. I love the seasons, and those of us who live in the south experience the four seasons to some degree. Just as God created the seasons of nature, He also gave us seasons in our lives.

In my present season, my husband and I still have two kids at home to raise, a teen-ager and a pre-teen. Whew! In today’s culture, that is a very daunting task, to say the least, but we will survive. We love our girls, but at each age, raising children brings joy and some very real challenges.

Some of you ladies are empty-nesters; I have heard from those who have gone through this season, that it brings mixed emotions; sometimes joy (Yea! They are finally out of the house), to confusion (What am I suppose to do now?), to sadness (I miss taking care of my kids!). It will be a little while longer before I can relate to this season…I sometimes wonder how I might feel.

Some of you dear sisters are newly married, or starting families and have very young kids at home. I call that the season of “beginnings”, when you experience adjusting to a new spouse, or becoming a mom for the very first time; I remember those days.

Some of you are in your golden years, enjoying retirement, spoiling grandchildren, or maybe perhaps having to take care of an elderly parent or relative. Also, with aging comes our very own health issues…new aches and pains that seem to spring up quite frequently!

Whatever season of life you find yourself in, make the most of it. At every age, God has a plan for our lives. One of my favorite Scriptures in the whole Bible is Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” In every season it’s good to know that with the Lord we have hope and a future.

So ladies, enjoy your season!

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments: