Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Quiet Times"


I tend to overdo; be too busy.  I often get so stretched in all the activities of ministry and life that I become totally useless.  In fact, it is very difficult and frustrating for me to not to “do.”  I sometimes wonder if my indulgence in chocolate has produced some form of chocolate hyperactivity syndrome. 

 Currently, we are living in a small, fully furnished rental house while we wait for our home in Tennessee to sell.  I feel unsettled and restless.  My servant’s heart is feeling useless as I sit and twiddle my thumbs.  Sometimes I find myself bemoaning our circumstances instead of praising God for supplying for our need. 

Recently, I was reminded to thank God for the “quiet times” He provides.  For a servant like me, this "quiet time" makes me feel isolated from the world.  If you too possess the spiritual gift of service, do you too question why God would create us with a servant’s heart and make us sit still?  I am embarrassed to say this but there are days when I do absolutely nothing but read.

 However, although I am not daily active in our church here (the distance between our rental and the church prevents such) or working with ministers wives around the state (our state is struggling to have a support system for wives), I can still trust God to know what is best for me.  He wants me to be still, focus on what He is doing in His time, and know He is God.  Besides, I have a feeling that very soon God is going to say, "Quiet time is over, Princess.  Let's get moving."




3 comments:

Sara said...

May be the calm before the storm. Enjoy it while it lasts =)

Vickie said...

You are so right!

Tonya said...

Vickie,

God can really get our attention and minister to us in those quiet times.....I too agree, enjoy, enjoy!

Also, congratulations on becoming a grandma!